An African "Amber" large sized beaded pendant with silver plated decorations. The bead is 34 mm wide. African amber is actually a phenolic plastic which is the same material as Bakelite (these are not true Bakelite). These beads were made in Africa or possibly Morocco. I found a few other pieces in this same style which ID'd the country as Morocco with a date range of the mid 20th century.
Condition: In very good condition. The bead does show some signs of age, the metal has been bent in a few spots and there is patina and darkening of the metal. We only did a light brushing for cleaning of this piece.
- Time period: mid 20th century
- Materials: phenolic resin, silver plated metal
- Approx. measurements: The bead is 34 mm wide and the entire pendant is 2 1/8 inches high including the S shaped ring at the top.
- Designer: unknown
- Markings/Signature: unknown
- Shipping: Ships quick in 0-1 business days in a free gift box!